Monday, June 6, 2011

Microsoft E3 Impressions

I’m glad that I did not get up today to watch the Microsoft E3 press conference. Aside from announcements for a new Halo trilogy (always fun), and the upcoming remake of Halo: Combat Evolved, the Kinect heavy show did little for me.

I don’t want to talk to my TV as I play through Mass Effect 3, and I think I share that sentiment with everyone who is playing Mass Effect. It sounds like an addition to the game more so for Microsoft to push the Kinect to the core gamer rather than Bioware trying something new.

An on rails Fable game, really? Where I slash my hand across the screen as a sword? No thanks.

What really gets me about all these Kinect games, from Fable to Star Wars, is how they all seem like first generation Wii games. Instead of being fully fledged games, they are mini game collections, and if Nintendo moved away from that so should Microsoft.

I guess Microsoft must had made some money on the Kinect if they want us all to be wave our arms around like idiots as we play our games. At least we heard that Minecraft is coming to the 360, so I am looking forward at seeing some footage of that hopefully over the week.

Happy E3 week everyone, and I will be constantly updating my blog with all the games and announcements I can over this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment